|Pepper soup Spice|
- Wash your catfish with lime, lemon, salt or hot water (I'll expand on this in another post), place in a pot after all the slime is gone!
- Crack open the Umilo, Gbafilo and Iwo, blend the contents alongside ataiko and irugeje. I also add a bit of ground crayfish so that it blends easily (dry blending).
- Add your ground spices- pepper, ataiko, irugeje, iwo, umilo, gbafilo, crayfish and de-seeded Urheri into the pot as well...by now the whole house should be "tasonsoning"meaning, the aroma should envelop the house. I love the aroma!
- I add some chopped fresh pepper, I also and yellow peppe (the ata rodo version), it gives a special flavour to dishes. You can also add some chopped onions.
- Add seasoning cubes, I use Maggi, and don't forget salt for taste, and the scent leave.
- Cover the pot and allow to cook-the pepper soup should be ready in 35-50 minutes.
- I love my pepper soup to sit for about an hour or two before wacking de tin, because the fish would have taken in all the flavours! So yum!
Enjoy the video below, really short! Have you SUBSCRIBED to my YouTube channel? Click HERE