Urheri /Uda (2) (you take out the seed and discard)
|Ground pepper, maggi seasoning, ground crayfish, cut yam|
- Cut goat/ram meat in small pieces and place in a pot to boil, season as usual. By the way, what's your "usual" for seasoning beef/meat/chicken? Comment below.
- Crack open the Umilo, Gbafilo and Iwo, blend the contents alongside ataiko and irugeje. I also add a bit of ground crayfish so that it blends easily (dry blending).
- When meat is half way done, cut up chunks of yam and plantain, add to the pot with the meat inside so it cooks together...
- Add your ground spices- pepper, ataiko, irugeje, iwo, umilo, gbafilo, crayfish and de-seeded Urheri into the pot as well...by now the whole house should be "tasonsoning" meaning, the aroma should envelop the house. I love the aroma!
- Add seasoning cubes, I use Maggi! Add salt to taste but be mindful that there's already salt when you seasoned the meat.
- Cover and allow to cook. In 20-30 minutes it should be ready! It's that simple
- Mix the contents together lightly, you'd discover that it thickens the "soup"...