1 Cup Caster Sugar/Granulated Sugar (Or according to your taste)
- Sift the flour to get rid of any unwanted particles and to loosen it.
- Add all the dry ingredients together with a spatula.
- Gradually add warm water and mix together with the dry ingredients.
- Place the mixture in a warm place i.e your warm oven or warm microwave. Keep it there to rise for about 45 minutes. It will double in size. If it doesn't it means something is wrong with your yeast. I use instant yeast so you don't need to soak in water first just add to flour.
- Pour vegetable oil in a deep pan and place on medium heat.
- Now scoop the mixture with your semi rounded measuring spoon (1 tbs scoop) transfer to the pan of oil (See video to see how this is done). Getting perfect round puff-puffs is an art...we can cheat our way through it.
- Fry batch by batch so that you don't overcrowd the pan. Flip it when it gets brown, until it is a nice golden brown.
- Transfer from the pan to another bowl to drain the oil!