- Blend Tomatoes, Pepper, 2 Onions, Ginger, Garlic and boil till all the water is gone.
- Heat up a pan, add vegetable oil. When it is hot, add onions, curry, thyme, bayleaf, 1 cube Maggi and fry for 1 minute.
- Add boiled tomato/pepper mixture to the oil, add 1 spoon of tin tomatoes and fry for 15 minutes. Taste to see if it is cooked.
- Add chicken stock, then add already washed basmati rice. Stir together till everything is incorporated .
- Cover the pot with foil paper and the pot cover, then reduce the heat. What you need is the heat to cook the rice not water.
- Allow cook for 30 minutes or till soft.
- Now add butter and sliced fresh tomatoes, mix together and steam for 5 minutes.
BASMATI JOLLOF RICE RECIPE THAT WOULD PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE!
This time, I’m sharing with you my Basmati Jollof Rice recipe I use whenever I want to make my husband smile. Thanks to the #SmilewithMAGGI campaign, I was able to give him this treat and he loved this one, you should see his grin! I'm going to make it again for his birthday (New Years Day!). I "jelox" his birthdate very much. LOL Warning: DO NOT copy my recipe text to your blog or website without my consent! You can share my videos but don't copy my recipe TEXT! Wehdone.
You can watch the video below (make sure you SUBSCRIBE to my channel by clicking HERE so you are always the first to see my videos) and don’t forget to check #SmileWithMAGGI to see the photos people are sharing of the food/people that have made them smile. Upload your own too and tag #SmileWIthMAGGI so I can see too
4 Peppers (Rodo)
3 Onions (1 Chopped, 2 Blended with Tomatoes)
1 Tbs Tin Tomatoe
1 tsp Ginger (Chopped)
1 tsp Garlic (Chopped)
2 Cups Basmati Rice
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Butter
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Curry
1 Maggi Chicken Cube
1 tsp Salt
3 Cups Chicken stock
*Did not add Salt because your Chicken Stock should contain salt and some seasoning.
Happy New Year in advance!
Posted by Sisi Yemmie at Friday, December 30, 2016