- Blend tomatoes, pepper and onion. Sometimes I blend mine roughly, other times smooth.
- Heat a pot of palm oil and bleach for about 10-15 minutes. I like to add a small bulb of onion when bleaching. I discard it after bleaching. You will know it's bleached when the colour of the palm oil goes from red to almost transparent, and the aroma changes to "buka aroma" lol.
- After bleaching, allow the oil to cool a bit then remove a small portion of the oil for use later. Heat up the oil again and add chopped onions and iru, maggi cube.
- Allow it fry for about 3 minutes, then add your blended tomatoes.
- Allow to cook for about 15 minutes without covering the pot. Don't forget to stir often so that it doesn't burn.
- I would either fry my meats with the bleach oil before using for the stew or grill them.
- Add assorted meats, add beef stock, no need to add salt to the stew because Maggi is enough seasoning plus the beef stock should already contain enough seasoning.
- When the oil floats to the top of the stew, you know it's as good as ready. Now add the oil that was previously bleached and kept away for later use. I like to heat it up before adding it.
- After adding allow to cook for another 10 minutes.
BUKA STEW RECIPE WITH ASSORTED MEATS
One can never have too many great recipes of the same food. I present you with Iya Basira's Buka stew recipe! This one is using assorted meats and the preparation method I learnt by interviewing a few madam "buka"s....have you ever gone to the market and asked a vendor for a recipe? I do it all the time, you should try it. This is how I discovered many ways of making delicious dishes. With this recipe, I took on the #SmileWithMAGGI challenge by cooking for my loved ones and making them smile. If you watch the video below, you will see my parents loved my Buka Stew! What is that ONE meal you cook for you loved ones that makes them smile? Share here or on My Instagram Page what that dish is. Warning: DO NOT copy my recipe text to your blog or website without my consent! You can share my videos but don't copy my recipe TEXT! Don't take my photos and remove my watermark, I will sue You and you will LOSE ALOT OF MONEY! Wehdone.
5 Big Tomatoes
3 Ata Rodo
1/2 Cup Palm Oil
2 Tbs Iru
1Maggi Stock Cube
1 Cup Beef Stock
The entire compound should start wondering where the Iya Basira is as soon as you finish cooking!
Posted by Sisi Yemmie at Thursday, December 01, 2016