- Blend tomatoes, pepper and onion. Sometimes I blend mine roughly, other times smooth.
- Heat a pot of palm oil and bleach for about 8 minutes. I like to add a small bulb of onion when bleaching. I discard it after bleaching.
- After bleaching, allow the oil to cool a bit then heat up again and add chopped onion.
- Allow it fry for about 3 minutes, then add your blended tomatoes. Add Iru, Seasoning cube and salt. Iru elevates the taste of this stew.
- Cover the pot and allow to cook for about 15 minutes. Don't forget to stir often so that it doesn't burn.
- When the oil floats to the top of the stew, you know it's as good as ready. Now add your washed Smoked Panla fish. I like to add mine whole.
- After adding allow to cook for another 10 minutes. Instead of mixing in between, just cover the pot and shake it.
BUKA STEW- OBE EJA KIKA!
food Thursday, June 16, 2016
This is one of my favourite stews to make, since I sabi de tin I nor dey branch Iya Basira again. E don tey! Today I'm going to show you how I prepare mine. 3 things take this buka stew to another level: The Palm Oil, Iru (locust beans) and Smoked Panla (Eja Kika). I discovered this smoked panla by accident in the market a few months ago and loved it, but didn't know what it was called until I saw it again on Madam Sabi! I didn't waste time to order sharply!
FOOD IS READY!
You can see the video below on how i made it and don't forget to SUBSCRIBE!
Posted by Sisi Yemmie at Thursday, June 16, 2016