1 tsp Cameroon Pepper (Yellow Pepper)
Handful of Big Dried Shrimps
- In a pot add beef broth + beef and add water enough to cook the soup.
- Add your ground spices- pepper, ataiko, irugeje, iwo, umilo, gbafilo, crayfish and de-seeded Urheri into the pot as well or the pre-made pepper soup spice. I love this brand and that's what I use on days I don't have energy to grind the spices myself.
- I add some chopped fresh pepper, also add some cameroon pepper, big dried prawn and smoked panla fish.
- Add seasoning cube (depending on how much I used in the beef broth). Don't forget salt for taste (I love using native salt for traditional soups like this but if you have normal salt, use it.
- Cover the pot and allow to cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Next add blended melon and stir properly. Now you may need to add 2 cups of water or add more till you are satisfied with your consistency. Add crayfish now, and the smoked catfish.
- Cover the pot and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- It is perfect with Eghwobobo (Starch + Ripe Plantain) or Eghwoeba (Eba +Ripe Plantain) . I had my with Eba.