- Add flour, salt, sugar, nutmeg, yeast, dry pepper and flour in a bowl, mix together. This is the type of yeast that you can add directly to your flour without proofing in warm water.
- Add your egg (egg makes your pancakes fluffier but it's optional). Mix it in the flour while gradually adding warm water.
- Place the mixture in a warm place i.e your warm oven or warm microwave. Keep it there to rise for about and 1 hour 30 minutes. It will double in size. If it doesn't it means something is wrong with your yeast.
- Pour vegetable oil in a deep pan and place on medium heat. Add the bulb of Onion now to test how hot the oil is. It gives a nice flavour but optional too.
- Now scoop the mixture with your fingers and transfer to the plan of oil (See video to see how this is done). Getting perfect round puff-puffs is an art...LOL. I'm not quite there yet.
- Fry batch by batch so that you don't overcrowd the pan. Flip it when it gets brown, until it is a nice golden brown.
- Transfer from the pan to another bowl to drain the oil!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube Channel so you can see how to make it!