I am very excited about today's recipe because I concocted it in my kitchen. I've been struggling thinking up a name for it and a Potato Curry/Pottage is all that keeps coming to my head. Remember my Vegetable Chicken Curry/Gravy back in 2013? I mentioned in that post that Potato got make sense with this gravy and I was right! 3 years later I experimented with my idea and the results were fantastic!!! Why did I take so long to try it? Let's fast forward to the recipe. Oh, before we fast forward, can we just take a moment to appreciate my food photography journey? LOL. The pictures of that recipe then vs now...the difference is clear. That's growth!
- Peel potatoes and cut into chunks. Also chop the green pepper, red pepper and carrots in chunks or whatever size you like. Chop the ginger and onions too in byte sizes.
- Place the pot with 3 cups of water to boil, add the Chicken/turkey stock, add numeric, curry, thyme, and potatoes. Taste for salt before adding your salt and seasoning cube just because you are using already seasoned stock. Cover an allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- In a pan, add the coconut oil, when it is hot, add the chopped onions and ginger, toss for a few seconds, then add green pepper, green chilli, red peppers, carrots and chopped chicken/turkey, stir fry for a minute.
- By now your potatoes should be cooked and still have a bit of stock inside, add the stir fried vegetables to it and combine together. You can add a sprinkle of baking flour now - it gives it a nicer texture and elevates the taste.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes and it is ready!