1 Medium Green Bell Pepper
- Let's start with the coconuts if you're using fresh ones. Get a small pestle and slam it on the coconut-see the video to see how I did it. If you dey vex, just slam that coconut against a wall. LOL. It will crack open and then you can separate the softer inner part from the hard shell using a small knife. Be careful with sharp objects oh.
- Chop the coconuts into tiny bits because you will need to blend it and you don't want to destroy your blender. Add a few cups of warm water + chopped coconut inside the blender and blitz away. Blend for about 6 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the blender in a small sieve and drain the milk. Insert pressure to make sure you squeeze all the milk out. You can add more warm water to the coconut shaft and drain again. Coconut milk is ready!
- Next, parboil your rice by cooking the rice for about 10 minutes then take it off the cooker and run cold water through it. Repeat until the rice cools down. Now place in a sieve and allow to drain.
- Heat up a pot add coconut oil. When it is hot, add onions, chopped peppers, ginger, garlic and all the spices except for crayfish. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Next add coconut milk, add chicken stock and add parboiled rice, combine evenly and all to cook for 15-20 minutes. Make sure you have enough coconut milk so that you can add to the rice if it dries out.
- Once rice is almost done, add crayfish, mix together and allow to simmer.