- Post: I bet you've heard that somewhere before. It is king. It doesn't matter what your content is, it just needs to be able to attract readers. You can create controversial content, gossip content (na this market dey sell pass), tech content, how-to’s content, reviews, just about anything.
- Title: Strategic, provoking post titles grab attention! Take a cue from entertainment/gossip bloggers. Be more creative with your titles, you can have amazing content but you need the titles to grab your audience. For example a post title like "You're Invited To My Wedding" is more attention grabbing than " Vote For Me To Win My Dream Wedding". I used that during My Big Nigerian Wedding competition which I won :D
- Google + :When Google + first rolled out I was quite upset, I didn't understand it (and still don’t understand a lot of it) but it is WORKING! A lot of my traffic comes from Google +. If you’re not signed up then you should. I notice my posts automatically share on Google+
- Facebook: What do you use your Facebook account for? Checking out who just got married, had a baby, graduated? Do better. Share your posts on Facebook. I created a Facebook page just for my blog and I have almost 5000 “LIKES” there, meaning once I share a post, there’s a probability that 4000 people could get to see it. Facebook also provides a platform to advertise starting with a minimum of 3 pounds, I've taken advantage of this sometimes. See what I did with my Facebook Page HERE
- BBM : Recently I created a BBM Channel, have you heard of BBM channels? Oh boy I struggle to keep up with all these social media things… AURACOOL has a viral BBM channel, check him out in the BBM channel search, you’ll understand better when you do. I started one too, but I've been quite lazy. You can get A LOT of traffic and engagement from there
- Twitter: Oh how I love twitter!!! I daresay most of my traffic comes from twitter. I have almost 9000 precious followers , so I never fail to share my content and links on twitter. People are looking for something interesting, give it to them! Share your link! Check my twitter updates HERE
- Pinterest: A lot of bloggers swear by Pinterest and I love Pinterest too. Your Pinterest account will thrive if you share content with good images/graphics accompanied with your links. I do that but not as often as I should. I will step up my game.
- YouTube: A YouTube video can easily go viral! For example I uploaded a Romantic Proposal Video a couple of weeks ago and it got over 50,000 views within days!!! I made sure I watermarked it with my blog name and also provided a link in the video description that will always link viewers to my blog. YouTube is great for redirecting traffic. Check out my channel and SUBSCRIBE HERE
Now go through this post, see what I did? I shared 6 links to other posts on my blog. There are some texts highlighted with a link to a post if you click on it. So instead of vaguely describing a post I've written a while ago, I provide direct links to it too, also to my social media channels. You'll be surprised how much more page views you'll get just by doing that.
CONNECT & NETWORK
Here’s to millions of page views!!!