- Peel and boil plantain, I like to use half ripe plantain and I do not add salt because too much salt is not god for your health!!! *sometimes I peel and boil other times I boil in its skin.
- Wash snails with lime/lemon and water. I like to buy already washed snails and I re wash. Ain't nobody got time to crack and wash snail from start.
- Place washed snails in boiling water, add salt, bouillon cube and onion, cook for about 25 minutes.
- Blend tomatoes, pepper and onion, roughly I usually use a lot of pepper because I need it to be hot: I need my nose to run, that is the enjoyment.
- Pour tomato mixture in a pot and boil till the water dries up. I like to do this because it means my tomato is quite cooked before i fry.
- Heat up a pan/pot, add vegetable oil
- When the oil is hot, add the chopped onion and fry for a bit, add the green pepper, everywhere will just be scenting. At this stage I like to add curry and bouillon cube again, kill your neighbours with the aroma of your food!
- Add boiled tomato mixture and fry for about 5 minutes, then add the boiled snail
- Reduce the heat of your cooker and allow it to stew slowly. Na this type dey sweet pass.
- After about 5-10 minutes it should be ready to eat.
- Serve with rice/boiled yam/ fried yam/ boiled plantain!
RECIPE : PEPPERED SNAIL & BOILED PLANTAIN!
I love snails but I don't like eating the ones I did not prepare myself because I feel sometimes they are not cleaned properly. This one I cleaned myself and I chop am lick mouth very well! Let me not bore you with talk, we'll go straight to the recipe! Ps. I even filmed it for you, see how thoughtful I am? Scroll down to watch the video and don't forget to subscribe to my Youtube channel HERE
Posted by Sisi Yemmie at Thursday, November 14, 2013