- Place water in a pot, add rice, maggi crayfish, salt, thyme, smoked ground crayfish, salt and ground crayfish
- Season calamari, prawn and fish flakes with salt, olive oil and add to a hot pan, stirring for 3 minutes before taking off the pan.
- Add a tbs of olive oil to the same pan and when it heats up, add onions and ginger, and thyme, add green, red and yellow bell peppers, also chopped carrots. Add Maggi crayfish and saute.
- Add Seafood mix, and portion into plates so that the rice can be stir fried in batches.
- Add a serving spoonful of the vegetable and seafood mix in the pan, along with 2 or 3 serving spoonfuls of cooked rice. Combine and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
SEAFOOD FRIED RICE
I made this dish only because I purchased a frozen seafood mix and asked myself, what shall I cook with this calamari, shrimp and fish? This is how the brilliant idea of making a fishy rice happened! I was making up the recipe in my head as I went along LOL so this is an experiment meal. I added everything fishy and I was not disappointed. Growing up I remember that for some reason we ate only fish during Easter, so I was thinking up ideas of meals for Easter. When my husband tasted this, he said "this is what I want to Eat on Easter Day". Ah...no problems here, I want to east it too again. Try it and let me know what you think!
3 Cups Indian Basmati Rice
2 Cups Seafood mix (Calamari, Shrimp, Fish)
1 tbs Ground Crayfish
1 tsp Ground smoked Crayfish
1 medium Green Bell Pepper
1 medium Yellow Bell Pepper
1 medium Red Bell Pepper
2 Maggi Crayfish cubes
1 tbs Ginger
1 tsp Garlic
4 tbs Olive Oil
1 medium Onion chopped
1 tbs Thyme
1 tsp Salt
Posted by Sisi Yemmie at Friday, April 07, 2017