|My Friend Simi & hubby|
Okay, so I've been thinking; how would someone know they are ready for marriage? Marriage is the biggest decision in the world and nobody wants to make mistakes!!! I think I figured 5 reasons why I think I AM READAAAAY for marriage and this might apply to you too sha. You can list your own reasons/signs below.
1. Maturity: I'm talking about all kinds of maturity here, not just age. You're physically mature, he he he, you know what I mean. You're emotionally mature, able to deal with pressure and challenges. You're spiritually mature. You're financially mature, it is HARD to get married if pepper nor rest. As a couple you need to be able to survive, feed, provide shelter and if you get pregnant, take care of your kids! Maturity on all levels is the koko!
2. Tension: All sorts of tension! Everything na tension! Sexual tension! When I see married couples all I can think of is how much sex they're having! LOL. I envy them! When I hear some ladies complain that "my husband won't let me rest, morning, night...every time"... I just roll my eyes and sink into depression. Abeg, body nor be firewood, am I the only one thinking this?
Most of your friends are married; tension! You see babies and you want one; tension! Your family too dey tension you! Talks of "when will you go and marry?" "Age is no longer on your side", "all your younger ones are married what are you waiting for"? "I have someone I want to hook you up with"... if you're not familiar with these words then you probably are not ready. When it is time, people around you sef will tell you!
3. Settling: You settle down! All your youthful exuberance suddenly flies out of the door, you no longer see the sense in going clubbing all night, having no savings in your account, you seen no sense in the fast life. No more #TurnUp! You pretty much prefer to stay home and watch Africa Magic than go out and paint the town red. Yes, you become boring! Isn't this a sign that you need a companion to get bored with? You are ready my friend!
4. Wife/Husband Materials: When you're ready to get married, every date, every random person of the opposite sex that says hi is a potential husband or wife! They are scrutinized to assess how many yards of wife/husband material they possess. You no longer date "just to see where it goes" -Ain't nobody got time fo dat! You make it clear from the first meeting or date " see, I'm looking to get married and if you behave yourself then we can do this", that's usually the line guys would use. Some even say on the first meeting "I want to marry you". Ladies would probably say "I'm looking for someone who is ready to commit"... no time for time wasters! You're ready!
5. No Shame: You enter for competitions like My Big Nigerian Wedding! Haba! If you're not ready you will not enter. I unashamedly entered and I am hoping for the best. Funding a wedding is not easy and not cheap especially if you live in Nigeria. I've considered eloping so I don't have to spend my savings paying wedding bills.
However, since this competition is here, it would be nice if I win, so I can get married! Please vote for Bobo and I, we need your votes to win our dream wedding! We will appreciate it. Thank you: Yemisi & Yomi -> VOTE HERE You can vote everyday, even better!
For those of you who are married, how did you know you were ready???