Hi! Im so excited about this weeks recipe cos its something ive been wanting to try out for a loooong time! Kai....have u heard of aya mase? if u neva chop am , dem no tell you? its the kind of stew that makes me believe in heaven. Small tin remain i go compose love song to this stew..should i tell you the origin of this stew? should i???? ok, now that you are begging me, i will.
Story story, once upon a time, (time time), there was this lady, all these mama put wey dey for Alade Market Lagos, the woman ehn, all she has to do is cook this stew and open shop for two hours daily! Both the rich, the poor, mechanic, bank manager....all dem dem, used to go n chop this aya mase stew there.
Do you want to know where it came from originally??? (drum roll please) from IJEBU !!! Dont be scared oh! i know some of you have heard silly stories about Ijebu say dem be winch or dem sabi snatch husband....lol....some of the stories na true. If u allow ur husband mistakenly go and taste this aya mase stew outside ehn.....before he will return to you again.....it will take the grace of Jehovah Jireh!
So learn this recipee now that im giving it free or else.... You don hear the yoruba phrase "Olo be lo loko" before? It means it is the good cook that has the husband....so if you want to dazzle ur husband, boyfriend...and whoever sha...just try this recipe....r u ready? lets go there!
Red pepper (ata rodo)
- Cut beef, chicken and all the assorted into a pot and season with thyme, salt, maggi, ginger,onion....dont put curry oh!
- When its done, put it in the oven and grill (abi whats the word? just put it in the oven sha)
- Blend your your green pepper, red pepper, onion ,, then add 2 or 3 seeds of tomato...the green pepper should be more because the stew is meant to be green.
- Heat up palm oil, add onion and heat it till the onion gets burnt, and the palm oil changes to brown colour...( dont try this if u get fire alarm oh)
- Take the pot of oil off the cooker and allow to cool
- Sieve the burnt onions out of the oil and put the pot of oil back on the cooker
- Add onion, and blended mixture, season it with magii n salt
- Allow to fry, when almost done, add the assorted meat n stuff that was in the oven and keep frying
- Add stock of boiled assorted and keep frying..
- When done, take off the cooker and allow it to simmer.
Serve with rice and dodo , if you find ofada rice good for you...but it still taste good with any kind of rice except that basmati rice oh. Ehen.
This stew is intended for pleasure only, it does not guarantee that your waka jugbe husband will come back home after he tastes this as I cannot give a warranty that your aya mase will taste exactly like that mama put own, or mine. :) Cook at your own risk! (lol...kiddin)
Hope you enjoy your meal as much as i enjoyed mine....End of discussion.