5 THINGS THAT HAPPEN AFTER YOU HAVE YOUR FIRST CHILD!
Nna men! So many things happen to you after you have your first baby, especially if that baby is the ONLY child. Things begin to happen to you. People start to talk. You start to think. For some women (couples) this is true and for some others it isn't. Here's my thought process so far on things that happen after you don born your first born, if you can relate, let me know which number of this ladder you're on now...LOL
1. People Start Watching The Time for that second born. It took about 6 months for people to start to asking kweshun like "hope you're getting ready oh", "what are you waiting for","Hope number 2 is on the way?"...e dakun... isn't it to early? They said no. BECAUSE. "It's good to have the kids close together so you gain and lose weight once and for all", "your kids will be best friends if they are born close together" ...."you know you are not getting any younger?"
2. People Dictate The Gender for that second born. If na boy you born the first time, they will insist the next one should be a girl because you be God na, and you can decide what gender you want. Don't tension me! Pikin na pikin. It's things like this that cause quarrels between some couples. Nigerians have no chill.
3. As a parent you start wondering if you can ever love another child as much as you are consumed by the love of your first child-e still dey shak you like ogogoro and kainkain...People with multiple kids tell you that you will love them just the same and equally. I don't still believe that sha. But what do know? Na only 1 pikin I don born.
4. As a mother you suffer temporary amnesia on how difficult pregnancy/childbirth was with your first born. If you had a smooth pregnancy/delivery, I'm not talking to you. If like me you went through what I wrote about HERE, you may certainly forget about it and your mind starts to talk to you:
Mind: Oya do and carry belle na
Me: Buuut have you forgotten how painful it was??? *clutches woman parts in remembrance*
Mind: Ehen, it was painful but did you die????
Call me crazy, but I actually started fantasising about a number 2 especially when I look at my son and he's playing alone, you feel he's lonely and it's all your fault! "Go and carry belle and give him a playmate my fren"...your mind instructs you!
5. You start to think of names for your second born that will most certainly rhyme with the name of your first born. You start to actually create room in your heart for a second born. You start to see families with 2 kids...1 boy, 1 girl...you desire it. You think you're ready. You think.
....To be continued.
Posted by Sisi Yemmie at Monday, November 14, 2016