As we wind down the Ramadan month, Grand Pure Soya Oil, the heart friendly oil you have always known provides unique recipes for both Suhoor and Iftar.
The most important consideration for Suhoor is that the food is a ‘fuller for longer’ recipe. Protein and fibre are very important for keeping hunger at bay. Here are 5 recipes packed with both great foods. Also, most of these meals can be prepared the night before.
Tomato and Rice soup
· Pre cooked chicken breasts finely sliced.
· 1/3-cup rice
· 1/4 cup Heart friendly GRAND PURE SOYA OIL
· 1 onion, chopped
· 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
· 1-teaspoon tomato paste
· 1 tablespoon of dried pepper
· 1 garlic clove finely chopped
· Salt and stock cubes to taste
1. In a pot, heat your heart friendly GRAND PURE SOYA OIL and fry the onions over medium heat until tender.
2. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, dried pepper and garlic
3. When the mix begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 60 minutes with lid on.
Add chicken and boil for about 10 minutes
4. Add in the rice and check if you need to add more water. Add seasoning Leave to simmer for half an hour or so.
5. Serve hot.
Note. You can make this in a slow cooker before going to bed. When it is time for Suhoor, just serve and enjoy.
For more interesting recipes, visit us on our Facebook Page