MY SALON PET PEEVES!
Prior to making this hair I have on (crochet braids) I haven't visited the salon in over 6 months and I could not be bothered! I was jejely packing my hair everyday because just the thought of going just makes me tired. At my last visit sha I started remembering all the things I didn't like about going to a salon and I bet some of you will gree or not gree.
1. SMELLING AARMPIT! My fadaaaaa! You know when your hair is about to get washed and the hairdresser puts her arm over your face while you are left to stare at her armpits or die of B.O (Not all salons). It should be compulsory for all hair dressers to wear sleeved dresses AND use antiperspirant. Mi o le wa ku.
2. EXPECTATIONS VS REALITY: You go to your salon, show them a photo of the hairstyle you want, hairdresser zooms into the picture, zooms out, then nods that she sabi the tin. You say ok and siddon. When she's done you are upset because what you showed her is different, what she did is different. Oh, she will be smelling sheepishly while the co-hairdressers will be telling you how this style fit you die!
3. CHANCING: When you go to a salon and one thick madame enters with jimmychoo shoes, prada bag, long fluttery lashes and perfume scenting everywhere like say she use am baff, next thing your hair dresser abandons your hair and passes it on to the assistant so she can attend to the thick madame.
4. EXPERIMENTING : I don't like when anyone experiments with my hair. This is the most irritating to me. You go to a salon and YOU KNOW the person there that does hair best, they proceed to start your hair and you''re happy. Halfway through your hair is passed on to the assistant who is learning how to do two strand twists and the "main" hairdresser keeps micromanaging her/him. I know people have to learn, but not with my hair please.
5. TIME WASTING: In the past I would go to a salon in the morning and won't return till evening because of the wait. Salons should book appointments with clients but NOOOOO. Let's all walk in and stand in line. My time is precious and I cannot waste it waiting my turn in a salon. Hello DIY hairstyle! Hello Home Service!! Hello Wigs!!!
Do you have any salon pet peeves? Talk your own
Posted by Sisi Yemmie at Thursday, December 10, 2015