- Spice and boil beef till tender...allow it to cook till the stock/broth is very little and thick- like 2 teaspoon fulls.
- Heat up vegetable oil and add chopped onion, add little knorr seasoning.
- When the onion is soft and transparent, add the beef and let it fry a little;do not add water so it does not become runny, just add the teaspoon full of broth.
- Do not cover the pot, use a WOK preferably, that's what I used.
- Add the mixture of chopped pepper and tomatoes. Drain the pepper and tomato before frying it so that the stew does not get too watery.
- Taste for salt, and add more if it's not tasty enough...I leave the salt till later because the broth is concentrated with spices...you do not want your food too salty.
- Stir until cooked...
- Add spinach and let it simmer for 3 minutes and viola!
SUNDAY SPECIAL || Vegetable Stew With Spinach!
chilli, dodo, nigerian coconut rice, nigerian recipe, RECIPES, spinach, TOP NIGERIAN BLOG, wokchop Sunday, January 29, 2012
Hello lovely people, I'm starting this years posting with food update. I'm sharing my vegetable stew recipe which cooks in 20 minutes if you are multi-tasker like me; rice on one hob, beef on another hob, boiling water on a 3rd hob!
Scroll down for the recipe
Serve with rice or boiled yam...whatever you fancy really.
On some days I add smoked fish, prawn and ground crayfish but today I was craving meat.
Posted by Sisi Yemmie at Sunday, January 29, 2012